We’re ready when you are
COVID-19 Safety Initiatives for Private Events & Meetings
Hotel Commonwealth is committed to the health and safety of our guests. To reduce risk for our guests and associates during COVID-19, we have implemented additional sanitation and safety protocols based on the most current information available from relevant health organizations, government policy and mandates. We will continue to monitor safety updates and as a result, some services and amenities may be temporarily suspended pending future guidance from health authorities.
To enhance cleanliness and promote appropriate social distancing, we have modified our operation to including the following changes:
- All hotel event associates wear face coverings and other appropriate PPE
- Guests are required to wear face coverings in the public areas of the hotel
- All front and back of house associates maintain rigorous hand hygiene
- Hand sanitizer stations available throughout hotel and function space
- Prior to each event, furniture and equipment is disinfected with hospital grade cleaners
- Event space is sanitized with an electrostatic sprayer on a daily basis
- Hotel event set-ups facilitate physical distancing and follow MA state maximum occupancy guidelines. The use of outdoor space will be included whenever possible
- Hotel signage in public areas along with directional pathways serve as reminders to guests to maintain social distancing
- All culinary associates wear masks and other appropriate PPE. Kitchens are sanitized on a consistent basis in compliance with MA state food safety standards.
In addition to the above enhanced safety standards, food and beverage service details and procedures are outlined below and will be updated and revised in accordance with the state and city guidelines.
Food & Beverage Service – Phase 1 :
- All food and beverage served in individually, packaged portions for each meal function
- Utensils and place settings are single-use or sanitized after each use
- Pens and writing pads available upon request and are single use
Food & Beverage Service – Phase 2
- Plated meals or individually packaged meals served to seated guests
- Beverages are individually served to seated guests
- Bottled water available for meetings and conferences
Food & Beverage Service – Phase 3
- Buffet menu options available with attendants and service shield in place
- Bar service available with divider shield
- Attended Coffee stations available with service shields
Food & Beverage Service – Phase 4
- Self-service Buffets and Bar service permitted
- Self-service coffee stations available
- Water carafes permitted
- Tray-passed food and beverage service available
- Dance floors permitted
The safety of our guests and associates remains our top priority, so though we may appear different, the same genuine hospitality you’ve known and love remains.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Commonwealth soon!
Covid-19 MA Travel Order – Effective August 1, 2020 and until further notice, a travel order will apply to travelers and returning residents entering the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
Visitors and returning residents who are not exempt are required to fill out the MA Travel Form. Those in this category have two options: quarantine for 14 days upon entering Massachusetts or produce a negative COVID-19 test that was taken within 72 hours upon entry into the Commonwealth.